Ray Mckinney CIC, Owner
Ray went to work in the manufactured housing industry right out of school, and excelled in that industry for over 37 years, reaching the highest executive levels in a nation-wide, vertically-integrated organization that was widely known as one of the top five in the industry.
One of the great things about being in a national, vertically integrated companies is that you can acquire a deep level of knowledge about all facets of an industry. In Ray’s case, he mastered Retail Operations, Finance, Mortgage Lending, Real Estate Owned (REO, Foreclosures) and Insurance – Property & Casualty and Life.
Over the course of his career, Ray has taken multitudes of training and certification courses in Mortgage Lending, Insurance, Modular Housing, HUD Housing, and more; and operates at a professional competency level in each of these areas.
He has dedicated his career to helping families acquire affordable housing and the insurance coverage they needed to have a great home, and the peace of mind that comes with knowing that they have invested in the insurance coverage that secures their families’ financial stability, should anything happen to the family breadwinners.
After investing over 30 years in all aspects of affordable housing and the related financial and insurance fields, Ray decided to move into Insurance full-time as the next, natural step in his terrific career. He founded the Antler Insurance Agency to address a market niche that he felt was underserved: The affordable housing market (property and casualty); Affordable Life and Health Coverage; and Affordable, Commercial Insurance for small to medium-sized businesses.
Property and Casualty for affordable housing was a natural move, since Ray has been helping these families out for over 30 years. And, many of those Clients also owned other things, like RVs, Motorcycles, Boats and other Watercraft, ATVs, and the like, so that too is a natural.
And then, as he moved strongly into the insurance industry, he began to see needs for other kinds of market sectors that were simply not being serviced as well as he thought they should. For Example:
- Commercial Bonds: Which are required by statute for certain kinds of business or individual professionals.
- Builder’s Risk Insurance: When homebuilder begins a project, they are at risk from a number of different factors like fire, theft, vandalism, wind, etc. – Just like homeowners. And Ray found that many were simply paying too much for the kinds of risks they faced, and has decided to do something about it, getting his Builder Clients the very best coverage available for rates that they can afford
- Business Auto: A lot of people use their vehicles in their business. Therefore they need a different kind of coverage, because if they have an accident, their entire company could be at risk
- General Liability & Umbrella Insurance: This is the kind of coverage businesses need, should anything happen and cause bodily injury or property damage, and the company is found liable. What most people don’t understand is that the vast majority of companies in the United States employ 20 people or less. And they can’t afford big legal fees or big settlements. That kind of thing can sink most small companies. So Ray wants to make sure that his Clients have the kind of coverage that will take care of any legal fees and reasonable settlements for any injury or damages caused by their companies
- Mortgage Servicers: There are special kinds of mortgage lenders that service loans, while not necessarily originating them. These mortgage lenders are the ones left holding the bag should a homeowner reach the point where they can no longer pay their monthly note and decided to let their house “go back.” The Antler Insurance Agency provides all kinds of insurance coverage for these lenders to help them manage risk
- Property & Business Owners: 9 out of 10 companies in America are small businesses, employing fewer than 20 people. These companies have a wide range of insurance needs that the Antler Insurance Agency provides
- Landlords, Real Estate Investors: Anyone that rents out a home, owns a duplex, or a small apartment complex needs Liability, Property & Casualty, and other kinds of insurance to make sure that they don’t lose everything is something happens and someone is injured on their property, or if the property itself is damaged by fire, wind, or other incident. Small property owners are just like you and me – They are small investors that could be severely hurt if some disaster occurred. The Antler Insurance Agency stands ready to help these kinds of property owners protect themselves from all of the risks that can come along at any time
So, The Antler Insurance Agency is there to help folks just like us – People who are on a budget, small to medium-sized businesses, and small to medium-sized property owners and landlords. So far, Ray’s instincts have been right, and he and the Antler Insurance agency are doing a great job for a LOT of Clients across Texas who like the fact that there’s a small Insurance Agency out there that is focused on helping them protect their interests, and do so at insurance rates that are affordable, and which provide the right kind of coverage for these various situations.
But don’t let the “Small Agency” fool you. As millions of small businesses in America can tell you – small business gets the job done! We have to, or we don’t stay in business. We understand what the word “Service” means, and we still believe in doing it the old fashioned way: Provide a great service, for a fair price, and treat people the way you’d like to be treated.
And here’s the great part: We are an Independent Insurance Agency, which means that we can go to practically any of the big Insurance Companies out there, and bring their products to you, just as if we worked for them. But we do it faster, better, with more attention to our Clients needs, and at the best rates in the industry.
Here’s our legal stuff – feel free to look us up with the Texas Department of Insurance at www.tdi.texas.gov. They have some great resources on their website, and lots of good information. If you have any questions in the middle of the night, they’re a great place to visit. In addition, this is where you should go if you have any insurance-related complaints. They are on top of their business, and are a strong consumer-protection resource.
We’re looking forward to helping you get the right coverage.
Call us now at 855-486-4676 (HORN)
Or click on the Button Below for a FREE no obligation quote!